>> Our Projects
>> How We Work
How CRY Works For Rights Of Children
CRY UK partners with CRY India to support local, on-ground projects engaged in working for the underprivileged children. Very simply, we act as the link between
- People like you who want to help underprivileged children and
- Children in need.
We do this by channelling concern, goodwill, time, money and skills of thousands of individuals towards child development initiatives and projects. We work with them towards bringing about sustainable change to the lives of children, by empowering communities to address the root causes of illiteracy, poverty, discrimination and exploitation.
CRY UK has a strict selection process, with regards to the grassroots organisations we support. Every organisation seeking to gain our support is subjected to the following scrutiny procedure:
- Projects apply to CRY UK for support
- Project applications screened and short-listed by the CRY UK team
- CRY UK Board sanctions the project/grant
- CRY UK utilises the grant management services of CRY in relation to the projects supported in India
Currently, CRY UK support 2 projects in India. CRY UK does not support any local projects in the UK as yet.
At present, the core of CRY UK's work centres on volunteer action. We raise funds in the UK by using the following avenues:
- Individual donations
- Corporate donations and sponsorships