Adopt a Hamlet
This is an initiative by CRY UK with our partner Gram Swaraj Sangh in Gujarat, India. By donating GBP 300 a year you can adopt a settlement and ensure all the children in the settlement have access to quality education, mid-day meals, healthcare facilities and basic infrastructure like water and electricity.
Location: Kutch, Gujarat ; Approximately 70 children per settlement ; Reach: 6,325 children in 76 settlementsRead more about Project GSS
How adopting a hamlet can help
Kutch is one of the most backward and under-developed regions in Gujarat.
When you adopt a hamlet, you help us reach out to children and communities in the area, and ensure that they get their rights. Your support will ensure an all round development and support to the children.
What will your £300 achieve
Right to Survival
- Ensure immunisation and health checkups of 80% pregnant women
- All children aged 0-5 years will be immunised to ensure good health and growth
- Birth registration of all children to ensure that they get an identity and all the rights as a citizen of the country
- Activation and regular functioning of Health Centre to ensure that the communities have access to healthcare facilities.
Right to Development
- Ensure 100% enrolment of all children in the age group of 3 to 18yrs in pre-primary/ formal school
- Retaining children in school and ensuring they don’t drop out
- Ensuring every school has facilities like drinking water, electricity, toilet, playground, boundary walls and teachers
- Ensure adequate and quality mid-day meals in schools
Right to Protection
- Ensure child labourers are enrolled in school
- Create awareness within the community on child marriage.
Right to Participation
- Children’s group will be strengthened so that they can be involved in issues that face them
- Children to be encouraged to develop material for Bal Jagat the children’s magazine