7th CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge (5C's)
Event title: 7th CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge (5C's)
Event Date: 24 June, 2006
Description of event:
5 C's - the CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge is a CRY and Cadence initiative that challenges various corporate teams on the cricket field while contributing to CRY's mission. In India the tournament is organized in 3 cities and has over 60 corporate teams participating. Cadence has been partnering CRY in India for the last six years and this year they have decided to extend this partnership to CRY U.K. as well, hence the 7th 5Cs. In the last 6 years this challenge has restored over 10,000 children the right to a childhood.The funds raised in this year's CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge will be contributed in aid of Mon Foundation, a CRY-Supported initiative in rural areas of West Bengal and Orissa. More about the project
Details of the tournament
- Number of participating teams is 16. The teams will be divided into 2 groups; Group A and Group B consisting of 8 teams each. These groups will be formed by a draw of lots.
- The tournament will follow a knock out format. There will be 4 knock out matches per group and a total of 8 knock out matches.
- The winners of these 8 matches will play in the quarterfinal. There will be 4 quarter finals
- The winners of the quarterfinals will play in the semi finals. There will be 2 semi finals
- The winners of the semi final will enter the final.
- The 2 teams that enter the finals will have played a total of 4 games in all.
- All the matches will be 20 overs per side.
- All the teams will field 15 members
- All the players have to be employees of the company they are representing
- Every team will carry their own cricket kit
Awards and Give Away
- CRY will be responsible for pitch booking
- CRY will arrange for refreshments
- Trophies will be given for Man of the Match for all the games played
- Trophies will be given to the winning side and the runners up
- Participation certificates will be given to all the team members
- T-shirts and caps will be given to all the team members
Participating teams to pay £1000. All proceeds will be contributed towards the CRY- partnered NGOs in India working with children and communities.Dates
The tournament will be held on Saturdays on 24 June, 1 July, 8 July and 15 July Time
Morning session - 9 am to 12.30 pm
Afternoon session - 1 to 4.30 pm Venue
All the matches will be played in Regents Park, London between 9am and 5pm. The morning session will start at 9am, and the afternoon session at 1pm. The cricket pitches can be found adjacent to 'The Hub' the park's combined changing room/cafe facility. The nearest entrance is the 'Monkey Gate', located next to the entrance to London Zoo.' View Map
The teams that have confirmed participation so far are: TCS
, Birla Soft
, Polaris, Iflex Solutions, Satyam Computers
, ITC Infotech
, Morgan Stanley
, Lehman Brothers
, ICICI Bank
, Lucent Technologies, Wipro
, PWC, Covansys
and Barclays Capital
For participation or sponsorship of the event contact:
E-mail - email@example.com
Mobile: 077 951 85840