The 9th CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge (5C's)
Event title: The 9th CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge (5C's)
Event Date : Sunday - July 5,12,19, 26 and 27, 2008
Groups League Scores Schedule Update Photographs
The 9th CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge (5Cs) tournament came to an end on July 27th, 2008. The semi-finals were played between LBS, UBS, Infosys and TCS. TCS emerged as the winner against LBS. TCS won by 15 runs. Congratulation to the team!!
Description of event:
"The 5C's challenge in the UK is all about bring the cricketing enthusiasts of IT and Banking professional world together to have a lot of fun contesting for the winners trophy and knowing that their participation will bring much needed support to children in India and the UK who do not have the privileges that we all enjoy day-to-day. Cadence is proud to be associated with CRY and from its roots in India we are privileged to work along side CRY in the UK to put on this great event and see what a real difference the raised funds can make to marginalized children's lives.
Being able to communicate with our staff in Cadence about the CRY UK supported projects that the 5C's event can support and how this can ensure that children in India have basic rights, brings a fresh perspective to our privileged lives and new knowledge of how lives are so different in India. This understanding goes a long way and really does help with the support we receive both internally and from our sponsors.
The ability to make long term lasting differences to children, their community and for the generations to come is what CRY is all about and we in Cadence support this wholeheartedly."
- Richard Hastings, Cadence
At CRY UK, events have been a platform for people to be involved in our efforts. Not only do events create awareness about child rights and CRY, they also help raise crucial resources that allow us to continue with our work
The 5Cs -or The CRY Cadence Corporate Cricket Challenge - is one such event, started in 1999 as a joint initiative between CRY and Cadence Design Systems (India) Pvt Ltd.
In India the tournament is organized in 3 cities and has over 60 corporate teams participating. More
Details of the tournament
- Number of participating teams is 20. The teams would be divided into 4 groups of 5 teams each.
- The tournament will follow a league format and each team will play 4 matches at this stage
- One winning team from each group would play in the semi-final.
- The winners of the semi final would enter the final.
- The winning teams would play a maximum of 6 matches
- The league matches will be 15 overs per side while the semi-final and final will be 20 overs.
- All the teams would field 15 members
- Every team will carry their own cricket kit
- CRY would be responsible for pitch booking
- CRY would arrange for refreshments
Awards and Give Away
- Trophies would be given for Man of the Match for all the games played
- Trophy would be given to the winning side and the runners up
- Participation certificates would be given to all the team members
- Medals will be to the entire winning and runners up teams
Participating team to pay £1500. Funds raised will be utilised towards child rights initiatives in 2 CRY UK supported projects - Mon and Jago. Project Mon is based in rural West Bengal and Orissa and supports mentally disadvantaged children. Project Jago is based in Jharkhand and supports people impacted by displacement from coal fields and due to deforestation.
Accenture, Covansys, NIIT, WIPRO, London School of Business, Price Waterhouse Coopers, UBS, ICICI Bank, HCL Technologies, Satyam, I flex solutions, Polaris, NHS, Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, ITC Infotech, Carphone Warehouse, Perot Systems TSI UK, Morgan Stanley
The tournament will be held on Sunday - July 5,12,19, 26 and 27 July
All the matches will be played in Regents Park , London
For participation or sponsorship of the event contact:
Tel no: 07903 074379
E-mail - email@example.com
Hirco Developments Private Limited, the proud sponsors of 9th CRY Cadence Cricket Tournament, are providers of integrated townships for modern living in India. We are inviting bookings for our upcoming Chennai project - Hiranandani Palace Gardens due for completion in March 2010. We have 1/2/2.5/3/4 bed apartments.
For more information please contact Dharmesh Doshi on 07899844135 or Suryakant Rathod on 07899844687 or visit our website: http://www.hirco.com/